2014 has almost come to a close and in some parts of the World, it’s already 2015. Here are 10 New Years resolutions we feel every Man should consider committing too.
Each year we go through the process of choosing some ‘goals’ that we then either actually carry out, or in most cases, end up altering, dropping or simply, forgetting.
Lets all make 2015 different and actually try to commit to a few New Years resolutions that mean something.
10. Commit to the gym. January and February are like GOLD months for gyms around the World. A ton of people commit to getting fit in January, get memberships, then forget they made a promise to get in shape by late February. If fitness is one of your resolutions for 2015, then why not commit to making this the year. Whether it’s the year you get your six pack back, or simply the year you feel healthy again, make this THE year.
9. Travel more. It’s easy to get caught up with the commonalities of our day-to-day lives. Why not commit to spending more time exploring new areas, discovering new land and seeing new places. Whether it’s a short road trip to a place you haven’t seen before or a spontaneous weekend getaway involving a ticket counter and aircraft.
8. Read more. In 2015 we suggest you read more. Whether that means picking up more magazines, exploring great articles on Dudepins or discovering new content on websites such as medium. There is so much amazing information out there, it’s only waiting for you to discover it.
7. Date more. If you’re single, it’s simple, get out there more and meet more people on a daily basis. If you’re married or dating, try to get out more with your significant other and enjoy their company.
6. Explore a new food or drink. If you’re not a great cook, or don’t enjoy cooking at all, try to get out, take a cooking class and learn something new about food and the culinary arts. If you prefer to drink side, you can take a wine course, scotch class or get out and do some self-discovery. There are so many great things to eat and drink, get out there and enjoy them.
5. Budget better. Even if you’re a rock star with your money, there is always room for improvement. Try to break down your monthly expenses and earnings, then take some time to figure out a proper budget and allocation of your money. It’s not an easy thing to do but will for sure pay off, literally.
4. Look at investing. If you don’t already have some type of active investments, make 2015 the year that you start. It’s important to take a portion of your savings, no matter how small, and place that money into a stable investment. Not only does this prevent you from making rash purchasing decisions, it pays off as time passes.
3. Make a rash purchase. Speaking of rash purchasing decisions, you should make a SINGLE rash purchase in 2015. Let’s face it, staying disciplined is hard and some times the best way to keep on progressing is with a reward. So, go ahead and buy sometime completely random, whether it’s a plane ticket, a fancy watch or a ridiculous bottle of scotch. Go ahead kid, you deserve it.
2. Try meditation or yoga. It’s important to take time out of your day and busy schedule to do a little reflection and relaxation. Yoga and meditation are two great ways to remove all the stress your day throws at you and really bring it back down to the ground. Both only take up a small part of your day but the pay off is incredible. Don’t believe us, just give either a try and find out.
1. Think about your career. It’s one of the most difficult things to do, if you’re at all unhappy with your job, take a small amount of time, think hard and then commit to making a change in 2015. By change we mean quitting. Whether you’re thinking about going back to school, switching careers, companies or doing a complete 180 and starting your own company, these are all things that you should actually commit to doing in 2015.
Bonus. Give gifts randomly and don’t expect anything in return. Whether it’s to a friend, co-worker or loved one, give something completely random and at the most unsuspected time. It can be a book, a cd, a movie or a gift card, the item matters a lot less than the actual gesture, trust us.
Have a Happy New Year, be safe, smart and see you all back in 2015 – Dudepins Team.