Your garage has the potential for much more than a place to park your car. In all honesty, it holds an opportunity to create a space to do the things you love and gain a little private sanctuary from the pressure and anxiety of everyday life. King products are manufactured in the USA by King Electrical Manufacturing Co., an electric heat manufacturing company based in Seattle, WA since 1958, offers a unique solution with the KB ECO2S Garage Heater. More information about King Electrical Manufacturing Co. is available at www.king-electric.com.
Due to the fact that most garages aren’t connected to a houses’ central heating system, spending time in your garage in the winter months is never fun. By simply adding a garage heater sized to properly heat your space, a world of warm opportunities is opened up to you!
King’s KB ECO2S Garage Heater with Remote is not only good looking, but smart enough to save you energy. It has energy efficient 2-stage heating that automatically uses the lowest wattage needed to heat the room. It also includes “Summer Fan Only” and “Timer” modes, as well as a remote control for simple operation. Designed for use as primary heat source for large garages spaces. Learn more at here.
What puts this unit apart from all the others you could buy?
• It’s SMART. The electronic smart thermostat is highly accurate and automatically adjusts the heat output to use the least amount needed to heat the room or it can be run on a
• It has a fan only mode (great for Summer months)
• REMOTE CONTROL: It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
• It heats a garage perfectly!
• It looks cool. One look at the KB ECO2S and your friends will be impressed.
• It hangs out of the way on the ceiling or wall.
• It’s an easy retrofit to any space. No expensive furnace upgrades or storage of propane is needed
• Great for a permanent solution over a space heater.
• It has adjustable louvers to direct air flow.
• It’s built really well.
Follow these basic steps and start enjoying your garage this Winter.
Step 1: To Insulate or Not to Insulate
Heating a space without insulation can be very inefficient. Without retaining the heat generated, the only way you’ll get that garage to warm up is by cranking up the heater to overwhelm the offsetting heat loss. The best long-term solution is to insulate your garage.
There is a bright side to this, however! The KingKB ECO2S heater automatically adjusts heat output depending on the rooms heat loss, if insulation isn’t in your budget today, you can insulate over time and improve the efficiency of your space.
The easiest and least expensive way to make your garage more energy efficient is filling the walls with a fluffy layer of fiberglass. All it takes is a utility knife, a straightedge, and a little patience to make sure the insulation completely fills the stud cavity, side to side and top to bottom, without being overly compressed.
Also consider adding an insulated garage door, with polyurethane insulation and a steel layer on the back to offer the best R value. Additionally, you may want to think about a garage door screen that would open up your man cave to give you access to driveway grilling and that summer breeze.
Step 2: The Floor
If you plan on spending a lot of time in your man cave, you may want to consider changing the floor. Applying stone epoxy flooring directly over your concrete, instantly transforms the look and feel of your man cave. Stone epoxy is easy to clean, durable, slip-resistant, and great looking all at the same time.
At the very least lay down a large rug to provide you and your buddies a supportive, forgiving flooring that doesn’t make your knees ache.
Step 3: The Ceiling
If you prefer the rustic look of open rafters in your man cave, then skip this section. However, if you’re planning on adding some lighting over your new pool table you’ll want to finish the ceiling with drywall and paint.
Step 4: Heat the space with King’s KB ECO2S smart garage heater.
It’s simple. Just follow this chart to pick the correct size heater and maximize the comfort in your garage.
Step 5: Pick a Theme
The best man caves focus on a single subject. This is chance to build the room of your dreams so make a plan, repurpose what you already have and purchase the rest. To keep costs low, use items you already have such as memorabilia, furniture, and that spare big screen TV you have in storage from your bachelor days.
Now go forth and plan, build and create the man cave of your dreams. Here are some ideas to get you started
- Car Collector’s Dream Escape If you’re using your man cave as a place to rebuild muscle car then you need a sturdy and durable heater to keep your space warm. The KB ECO2S is rugged and can hold up to anything wrench you can throw at it.
- Game Room Whether you prefer playing pool or watching the big game without distractions, make your garage a place comfortable enough to invite the crew over.
- Woodworking Shop For the avid DIYer or part-time carpenter, creating a comfortable working environment is key for spending long hours working on your next build or home remodel project.
- Sports Bar If you love sports, decorate the space in a sports bar theme, complete with a kegerator and enjoy. The KB ECO2S is looks great and the remote makes it easy to adjust from the bar.
Now that you’ve got some ideas for a heating unit for you man cave, are you ready to spruce up its decor next? Or maybe set the mood with this manly lights.